Information for Parents/Carers
This online enrolment form is for enrolling pupils into Comhairle pre-school settings, for the session starting in August 2023.
ELC enrolment for the new academic session is now open for children and young people due to enter nursery in 2023-24. Please note that this form cannot be used to enrol with private nursery providers not operated by the Comhairle.
Please read in full the guidance notes provided below and then complete all relevant sections of this form to ensure that all required information is provided, including the child’s birth certificate that is needed to confirm identification.
Please make sure that the details provided on this form exactly match that recorded on your child’s birth certificate, namely:
- Child’s full name as it appears on the certificate.
- Date of Birth.
- Names of all parents recorded on the certificate.
Nurseries will be happy to discuss enrolment and answer any questions parents have prior to completion of the enrolment process.
If you have any issues accessing or completing this form, please contact the relevant setting directly and they will be able to support you in completing the online form or can provide an alternative paper form, if required.
Eligibility for ELC/Nursery Enrolment 2023-24
Enrolment For the 2023-24 session, free nursery places are available for children who:
- are 4 years of age and are not currently registered with a nursery
- will be 3 years of age between 1 March 2023 and 28 February 2024
- will be 2 years of age between 1 March 2023 and 28 February 2024 and whose parent(s)/carer(s) are in receipt of certain qualifying benefits. (Further information on eligibility information is available on the MyGov.Scot (Opens in a new window or downloads a file).
Eligibility for early learning and childcare throughout the year is as follows:
- From the Autumn Term (Aug - Dec) - children born between 1 March and 31 August
- From the Spring Term (Jan - March) - children born between 1 September and 31 December
- From the Summer Term (April - June) - children born between 1 January and 28 February
All eligible children will have the choice of a term-time place of up to 30 funded hours per week (for 38 weeks of the year) or a full-year place of up to 22.5 funded hours per week (for 50 weeks of the year) dependant on availability.
Gaelic First Policy
In all early learning, nursery and school enrolment, the Comhairle operates a Gaelic First Policy. This means that the default language stream for enrolment will be Gaelic Medium unless the choice is made during the enrolment process to opt for English Medium.
Parents are invited to make contact with their chosen nursery from Monday 30th January and they will advise about completion of the enrolment process.