How the Scheme Works
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24-year-olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment.
Employers of all sizes can apply for funding which covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
What You'll Get
- You’ll get £1,500 funding per job placement. This is for setup costs and to support the young person develop their employability skills.
- 100% of National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
Job Placement Criteria
The job placements created with Kickstart Scheme funding must be new jobs. The placements must be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months and pay at least the National Minimum Wage or the National Living Wage for the employee’s age group.
For each job placement, you must help the young person become more employable. This could include:
- looking for long-term work, including career advice and setting goals
- support with curriculum vitae (CV) and interview preparations developing their skills in the workplace
How to Get Involved
Employers from all industries and across the private, public and voluntary sectors can get involved.
If you think you can help young people who are currently at risk of long-term unemployment get the experience they need, sign up today!
For More Information
Contact Dolina Smith by email on firstname.lastname@example.org (Opens in a new window or downloads a file)
Visit the Kickstart Scheme (Opens in a new window or downloads a file) on the GOV.UK website.
Fill out the enquiry form below to register your interest with the Kickstart team or contact the team via e-mail. Please note this is not your official Kickstart application. Once we receive your enquiry form, a member of the team will be in touch with more information.