Cllr Angus Morrison was elected as Chair of Comhairle nan Eilean Siar’s Audit and Scrutiny Committee at a meeting of the Committee today.
Cllr Malcolm MacDonald was elected to the position of Vice-Chair of the Committee.
The Audit and Scrutiny Committee considers matters dealing with:
- the promotion of high standards of conduct by Members and assistance to Members to observe the code of conduct and guidance from the Standards Commission for Scotland
- scrutiny and review, including reports about value for money studies, and performance indicators
- the review of the constitutional documents
- the evaluation and review of the work of Committees
- members’ rights of access to information and compliance with data protection legislation
At an earlier meeting of the Policy and Resources Committee, Cllr Duncan Macinnes was elected as Vice-Chair and will therefore Chair the HR Committee.