Comhairle nan Eilean Siar and Police Scotland are reminding businesses providing holiday accommodation that they must stop operating during this emergency period. Business can only continue to stay open and operate:
- To provide accommodation for any person who:
- is unable to return to their main residence
- uses that accommodation as their main residence
- needs accommodation while moving house
- needs accommodation to attend a funeral
- To provide accommodation or support services for the homeless
- For any purpose requested by the Scottish Ministers or a local authority.
Members of the public are also advised that under the current movement restrictions they are not allowed to travel to visit second homes or holiday accommodation for isolation purposes or for a holiday. People must remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk.
Holiday accommodation includes hotels, hostels, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday apartments, homes, cottages or bungalows, campsites, caravan parks or boarding houses.