To aid parents in explaining the Covid-19 pandemic to their young children, Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler has helped create a valuable digital resource.
The COVID-19 outbreak has vastly changed our community in various ways. Telling young children why this has happened without any help is a very challenging and daunting prospect.
The Free, Online Booklet (Opens in a new window or downloads a file) created by publisher Nosy Crow is aimed at primary school children between the ages of 5 and 9. Using simple language it helps describe the virus and current lockdown situation.
Made in collaboration with medical experts from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, child psychologists and headteachers the online booklet is full of accurate and concise information.
The book addresses the following common questions:
• What is the coronavirus?
• How do you catch the coronavirus?
• What happens if you catch the coronavirus?
• Why are people worried about catching the coronavirus?
• Is there a cure for the coronavirus?
• Why are some places we normally go to closed?
• What can I do to help?
• What’s going to happen next?