Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar Notice Of Election : Election Of Community Councillors 2019
- An election is to be held for the return of Community Councillors for the Community Councils detailed in the undernoted schedule.
- To be eligible for election to a Community Council the person must be 16 or over and resident in and registered as a local government elector in the Community Council area to which election is being sought. Each nominee for election must be supported by a proposer who must be resident within and registered as a local government elector in the Community Council area to which election is being sought.
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the following addresses and must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the address from which the papers were received not later than 4pm on Tuesday 17 September 2019.
Council Offices, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2BW
Council Offices, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DF
Council Offices, Balivanich, Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5LA
Council Offices, Castlebay, Isle of Barra, HS9 5XD
- Nomination papers are also available at Community Council Elections
- Withdrawals of person nominated must be intimated at the address to which the nomination papers were received not later than 4pm on Thursday 19 September 2019.
- To be established a Community Council requires a minimum of four validly nominated candidates. If more than twelve valid nominations are received an election shall be held.
- Elections to Community Councils shall be conducted by postal ballot.
Schedule Of Community Councils
Barvas and Brue
Published by the Returning Officer, Comhairle nan Eilean Siar, Sandwick Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2BW