The Committee system allows Members:
- to develop a particular interest in an area of the Comhairle’s work;
- to formulate and monitor policy at a strategic level, and;
- to examine the administration of a Comhairle service.
The Comhairle decides on how many Committees it wishes to establish and on their function, size and membership.
The Convener and Vice-Convener are members of nearly all of the Comhairle’s Committees.
The scheme of administration sets out the roles and duties of Committees and the Commercial Operations Board. The scheme of administration defines which decisions Committees and the Commercial Operations Board can take on their own and which items have to be passed to the Comhairle for approval.
- Audit and Scrutiny Committee
- Comataidh Buileachaidh Plana Canan
- Education, Sport and Children's Services Committee
- Communities and Housing Committee
- Full Council
- Health and Social Care Committee
- Human Resources Sub-Committee
- Planning applications Committee
- Policy and Resources Committee
- Sustainable Development Committee
- Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Local Review Body