The External Strategy, Gaelic and Communications team comprises:
The Corporate Policy Service consists of the Principal Strategy Manager and the Corporate Policy Officer, within the Chief Executive’s Department. The Corporate Policy Service is responsible for:
- the Comhairle’s Corporate Strategy;
- European Policy and Funding; and
- the administration of E-Sgìre – the Comhairle’s Communities Portal.
The service has:
- in consultation with Corporate Management Team, elected Members, the public and other stakeholders, assisted in the development of a new Corporate Strategy for the period 2017-21;
- aligned the Comhairle’s Corporate Strategy 2017-21 to the Outer Hebrides Community Planning Partnership’s Local Outcome Improvement Plan 2017-27;
- responsibility for reviewing and reporting on the Corporate Strategy on an annual basis; and
- in consultation with Corporate Recovery Team and elected Members, has assisted in the development of the refresh of the Comhairle’s Corporate Strategy 2020-2022: Recovery and Renewal (592.5kB) (Opens in a new window or downloads a file) also available in gaelic translation Ro-innleachd Chorporra 2020-2022: Buadhachadh agus Athnuadhachadh (378.9kB)
European Policy and Funding
The service will:
- ensure that the Comhairle and partners secure maximum draw down of EU funds to the region from the EU Structural Funds and the Rural Development Funds 2014-2020;
- participate in and continue to monitor and evaluate European Policy and Programme development and implementation 2014-2020; and
- assist the Comhairle and Highlands and Islands partners in shaping future regional policy, strategies, plans and future regional funding post-Brexit.
The Highlands & Islands European Partnership (HIEP)
The Highlands and Islands European Partnership, of which the Comhairle is a partner, has launched a Position Paper on Regional Policy (790.8kB) (Opens in a new window or downloads a file)
UK Shared Prosperity Fund
All-party parliamentary group, Post-Brexit funding for nations, regions and local areas :
Report of an initial inquiry into the UK shared prosperity fund (558.7kB)
Scottish Parliament’s Finance and Constitution Committee
Funding of EU Structural Fund Priorities in Scotland, post-Brexit - Finance and Constitution Committee’s Call for Views (Opens in a new window or downloads a file)
House of Commons Select Committee on Scottish Affairs
The Comhairle’s response to a Call for Evidence (122.2kB) (Opens in a new window or downloads a file).
e-Sgìre (Opens in a new window or downloads a file): a hub for community information and opinion across the Western Isles.
Principal Strategy Manager
Tel: 01851 822616 (Internal: 211218)
Corporate Policy Officer
Tel: 01851 822830 (Internal: 211010)