Last Edited: Tuesday, 07 June, 2022 12:34 PM
The Scottish Government has introduced a grant scheme to financially help individuals self-isolating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligibility Criteria - From 1 May 2022
If you have been contacted by Test and Protect and asked to self-isolate because of coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be eligible for a Self-isolation Support Grant of £225.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have tested positive for coronavirus on a PCR test (see below for advice on how to book a PCR test). Please note that a lateral flow positive result does not count for the purposes of the grant. If you have had a positive lateral flow test and wish to apply for a grant you should arrange for a PCR test to confirm your result.
- or be the parent or primary carer of a child or adult who needs to self-isolate as a result a positive PCR test.
Before the self-isolation period, you must also be:
- employed or self-employed
- unable to work from home, and will lose income as a result of self-isolation
- be assessed as having low income, either
- the household is currently receiving, or has been awarded, but not yet received, a payment of the following benefits; or whose income may entitle them to Universal Credit, should an application have been made prior to their isolation:
- Universal Credit;
- Working Tax Credit;
- ncome-based Employment and Support Allowance;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income Support;
- Housing Benefit;
- Pension Credit; and/or
- Means-tested Council Tax Reduction
- be an individual who earns less than the Real Living Wage threshold
How can I check if I am eligible
The Scottish Government has provided an eligibility checker (Opens in a new window or downloads a file) where you can check whether you may be eligible before you apply for a grant.
How to apply
If you have not already done so, you must book a PCR test using the Scottish PCR booking site (Opens in a new window or downloads a file)
Applications must be made within 28 days of a positive PCR test Evidence will be required to verify eligibility.