The Scottish Government has introduced a grant scheme to financially help individuals if they are required to self-isolate during the COVID-19 pandemic. Covid Self isolation support payments are designed to help ensure people who have tested positive for COVID-19, and their close contacts, self-isolate for the required period to stop the onward spread of the virus. They are also designed to encourage individuals who are eligible for this payment to get tested if they have symptoms. This is important to stop the transmission of COVID-19 and avoid further economic and Societal restrictions
If you have been contacted by Test and Protect and asked to self-isolate because of coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be eligible for a Self-isolation Support Grant of £500.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have been notified by the Test and Protect Service or Protect Scotland app (or equivalent app) to self-isolate as a result of COVID-19, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive. You will be required to provide evidence.
- or be the parent or primary carer of a child or adult who needs to self-isolate
Before the self-isolation period, you must also be:
- employed or self-employed
- unable to work from home, and will lose income as a result of self-isolation
- be assessed as having low income, either
- the household is currently receiving, or has been awarded, but not yet received, a payment of the following benefits; or whose income may entitle them to Universal Credit, should an application have been made prior to their isolation:
- Universal Credit;
- Working Tax Credit;
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income Support;
- Housing Benefit;
- Pension Credit; and/or
- Means-tested Council Tax Reduction
- be an individual who earns less than the Real Living Wage threshold
- the household income is such that it falls within the agreed definition of ‘low income’ for this purpose; being 25% above the established UC rate for their household type in their local authority area
How to apply
Applications must be made within 28 days of being asked to self isolate using the link to the form below. Evidence will be required to verify eligibility.