If you’ve developed a new continuous cough and/or a fever/high temperature in the last 7 days, stay at home for 10 days from the start of your symptoms even if you think your symptoms are mild. Do not go to your GP, pharmacy or hospital.
You should only phone 111 if your symptoms:
- have not improved after 10 days
- are severe or you have shortness of breath
- worsen during home isolation.
You should also phone 111 if you develop breathlessness or it worsens, especially if you:
- are 70 years old or over
- have underlying poor health
- have heart or lung problems
- have a weakened immune system, including cancer
- have diabetes
If you have a medical emergency, phone 999 and tell them you have COVID-19 symptoms.