As a parent we want the best for our children. Bringing up children is rewarding but sometimes it can be challenging and we need help, support and advice.
The Early Years Family Support Services provides a range of services which can help parents/carers with challenges in their home circumstances, health or with child developmental issues. The range of help available includes:
- Parenting Sessions – covering a range of topics including behaviour issues; child development; child health; healthy eating; setting routines and boundaries.
- Practical support within the home.
- Buddy service to help you get out and about and meet new people.
- Respite childcare.
- Funding for transport costs to allow you to access services.
- Supporting parents in their aspirations towards employment/further education.
- Enabling parents to access resources within the community.
For further details and information on who to contact see our Family Support Booklet (1.1MB) (Opens in a new window or downloads a file)
Advocacy Western Isles
Advocacy Western Isles provides an independent and confidential service throughout the Western Isles.
Action for Children
Action for Children supports and speaks out for the most vulnerable children and young people in the UK.
Citzen’s Advice Bureau
Provides free, confidential, independent and impartial advice.
Child Support Agency
CSA’s role is to make sure that parents who live apart from their children contribute financially to their upkeep by paying child maintenance.
Child Trust Fund
CTF is a long-term savings and investment account for children.
Public services all in one place.
Online parenting organisation aimed at helping mums cope with and enjoy being a mum.