The Outer Hebrides - Local Business Discretionary Fund (LBDF) aims to provide grant support to local businesses experiencing immediate financial challenges because of the COVID-19 restrictions/regulations but are unable to access other COVID-19 business grant schemes, particularly since October 2020. Additional Scottish Government funding has enabled the one-off grant amount to be increased as follows:
- £4,000 for home-based business; or
- £6,000 for businesses that lease or own business premises.
Part-time businesses may be awarded a lesser amount, depending on circumstances.
Businesses must fall into one of the following three categories:
- a supplier of goods or services to businesses that have been closed or restricted;
- face hardship as an indirect consequence of the current restrictions but have not been eligible to receive financial support through the Strategic Framework Business Fund or recent or proposed Scottish Government funds; or
- do not have business premises and are therefore ineligible for grants attached to the rates system.
The deadline for applications is Monday 15 March and businesses meeting the criteria are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as grants will be administered on a first come first served basis.
Any businesses with specific queries can contact Business Gateway on email@example.com.