As part of the ongoing Lewis Residential Care project at Goathill, Stornoway, essential road improvement and drainage works are planned for Perceval Road and Columbia Place.
Works will commence on Monday 12 October 2020, will last for approximately thirteen weeks and will consist mainly of:
- Minor ground investigation works and drainage installation
- Widening of the current carriageway
- Construction of a bus stop layby and shelter
- Installation of new street lighting columns and traffic light system
- Full resurfacing of the road spanning from property 50 to 65 Perceval Road and both junctions of Columbia Place
When completed, the new road layout and traffic management measures, which will cover the area including the entrance to the new care facility, Sinclair Avenue and the junction of Perceval Road and Columbia Place, will enhance road safety for pedestrians and road users in the area.
Pedestrian and vehicular access will be maintained at all times. Parking on Perceval Road will not be permitted during the site working hours of 8:00 to 19:30 Monday to Friday and Saturdays 8:00 to 16:30.
The Comhairle would like to thank residents and road users for their patience and co-operation during this period of disruption.