The following are the key updates for the reopening of sports facilities in the Western Isles:
- Gym Facilities at Ionad Spòrs Leòdhais will be open as follows from 25 March 2021 - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 07:15 - 22:00, Wednesday 8:15 – 22:00 and Saturday 8:15 – 20.00.
- Pool Facilities at Ionad Spòrs Leòdhais will be open on Monday 5th April 2021 at 7.15am.
- Harris Sports Centre gym will open on 25 March 2021 - Monday to Friday 17:30 - 21:10, Saturday 09:15 - 17:45 and pool facilities will open on Wednesday 31st March 2021 at 5.15pm.
- Castlebay gym will open on 25 March 2021 and pool facilities will open on Thursday 1st April 2021 at 2.20pm
- Lionacleit gym will open on 25 March 2021 and pool facilities will open Wednesday 31st March 2021 at 1pm.
- Slàinte Mhath members are able to Make a Booking Online (Opens in a new window or downloads a file). Booking can also be made via our new app, visit Get The ISL App (Opens in a new window or downloads a file) for more information.
- If you are not a Slàinte Mhath member but would like to use our facilities, please contact us by calling 01851 822800 or sending an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Address (including postcode)
- Contact phone number (preferably mobile)
- Date of Birth
- e-mail address
- Have you undertaken a gym induction at one of our facilities?
- Do you have any medical conditions?
- The capacity will be reduced to ensure social distancing and ventilation criteria are met.
- At ISL, 11 slots will be available for cardio training and 4 slots for strength training in each 60 minute session. Family and lane swim sessions are 40 minutes each.
- Customers with no access to internet can make a phone booking. Phone bookings can be made from 12pm the previous day by calling 01851 822800.
- Staff will be on hand to guide customers on how to access the building. More detailed information on these processes will be provided on our Facebook page and the CnES website.
Our service, like other parts of the indoor hospitality and retail sector has been operating on a planned schedule to move out of lockdown on 26th April. This unexpected change means our pools require a range of works before they are able to be reopened.
This includes microbiological testing to ensure water quality, staff training undertaken and raising pool water temperatures to ensure they are suitable for safe public swimming. We will work as quickly as we can to make sure all these elements are safely in place and will keep customers informed of reopening dates as soon as we can. Please bear with us as some of these pieces of work, which are legal requirements, are out with our control.
We are really excited to be heading back towards a world that looks something more like normal!
Sports Facility Reopening Pricing Policy
Bookings can be made via the Mobile Pro app from 12pm on 24 March 2021. We will operate on a ‘Pay As You Go’ basis at this stage - £2 per session (£1 for concessions). All members who paid in advance prior to the most recent lockdown will be credited with a month’s membership in due course, once we are able to open more areas of our facilities.
‘Fàilte Air Ais’ (Welcome Back) Membership
The ‘Fàilte Air Ais’ (Welcome Back) membership offer will cover areas of our facilities that are currently open such as gyms and pools and will make regular use of these much more affordable. Individual membership costs only £10 per month and Family Membership will be only £15 per month.
To take advantage of this offer email firstname.lastname@example.org with your membership number if you have it or your name address and date of birth if not, specifing whether it is an Individual or Family membership you wish to start.