Museum nan Eilean (Lews Castle) is reopening on Tuesday 15 May , we can’t wait to welcome you back!
A range of new safety measures have been put in place in line with Scottish Government guidelines. This includes face coverings, enhanced cleaning, screens, hand sanitising stations and one-way routes in certain areas of the museum where physical distancing is not possible.
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable visit. During your visit, we ask you to please:
- Keep your distance from others visitors and staff
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Wash your hands often
- Follow the directional signage
- Please use card payments if possible for donations
- Face coverings must be worn by visitors over 5
- Do not visit the museum if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of Covid-19
We also need to collect your name, contact number and the date and time of your visit to support the NHS Scotland’s Test & Protect service and we may share this information with the service up to 21 days following your visit.
The museum is located within Lews Castle Grounds (Stornoway). Limited car parking is available.