This Registration Office serves the whole of the Isles of Harris and Scalpay, providing a full range of registration services including:
- Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages (by appointment)
- Issuing copies of Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
- Conducting Civil Marriages and Civil Partnerships
- Arranging the purchase of new lairs in Luskentyre and Borve Cemeteries
- Making arrangements for burials in Harris Cemeteries
Location & Marriage Room
The office is based in the Old Primary School, West Tarbert and the Marriage Room is available for weddings with up to 25 guests.
Hours of Business
The office is open for payments and general enquiries about any of the above, including wedding enquiries, Monday to Friday: 9.30am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm – 3.30pm
Appointments to register births and deaths are normally made Monday to Friday between 3.30pm – 5.00pm.
Civil weddings can be conducted at most times from Monday to Saturday by arrangement.
This office operates an appointment system. To make an appointment to register a birth or death, to discuss your wedding, or for any other enquiry please contact us on 01859 502367 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Original birth, death and marriage registers for Harris & Scalpay
- Burial records for Luskentyre, Borve and Scarista Cemeteries
- Access via the National Records for Scotland database to family history information for the whole of Scotland (for a search fee)