This Registration Office serves the whole of the Isles of Barra & Vatersay, providing a full range of registration services including:
- Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages (by appointment)
- Issuing copies of Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
- Conducting Civil Marriages and Civil Partnerships
- Arranging the purchase of new lairs in Cuier and Vatersay Cemeteries
- Making arrangements for burials in Barra & Vatersay Cemeteries
Location and Marriage Room
The office is based in the Centre of Castlebay and the Marriage Room is available for weddings with up to 8 guests.
Hours of Business
The office is open for payments and general enquiries about any of the above, including wedding enquiries, Monday to Friday: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Appointments to register births and deaths are normally made Monday to Friday between 10.00am – 4.00pm.
Civil weddings can be conducted at most times from Monday to Saturday by arrangement.
This office operates an appointment system. To make an appointment to register a birth or death, to discuss your wedding, or for any other enquiry please contact us on01871 810431 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Original birth, death and marriage registers for Barra, Vatersay and Mingulay
- Burial records for Cuier and Vatersay Cemeteries
- Access via the Scotland’s People database to family history information for the whole of Scotland (for a search fee)